Far more than a ripple effect – every Pedal4Prostate rider contributes to a massive wave of support for Kiwi men and their families living with prostate cancer. Raising money might seem daunting but we’re here to help. Experience shows that most donations are made in the last stretch leading up to an event. Here are a few ideas to help boost your fundraising efforts.
- If you haven't already, set the benchmark and show how serious you are by donating to your page, then ask your friends, family and work colleagues to follow suit. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, they'll think what you're doing is great so ask them for help. And don't forget to thank them along the way. Remind them of your fundraising story, what inspired you to ride.
- Use social media to your advantage: share your latest training or race prep updates, fundraising progress, encourage donations and to acknowledge your supporters.
- Explore simple ways to fundraise over the next week, such as: Ask for donations in lieu of Christmas or birthday gifts.
- Have a casual clothes day at work, or challenge others to join you in wearing bike gear for the day.
- Set up a swear jar for the week, at home or work.
- Sell a service, such as being the workplace gopher for the day or two.
- Set yourself a pre-event challenge such as giving up coffee or chocolate for the week, shave your head or dye your hair blue.
- Ask your workplace or suppliers to match your fundraising $ for $.