Say Something Blue To Help A Mate Through
This year we're raising money with our words. The 'blue' words, the words that sometimes slip out.
So set up a Blue Jar in your workplace, club or mancave, and every time a "whoopsie" sneaks out, the perpetrator pops a coin in the jar. We'll use the funds you collect to help blokes with prostate cancer.
How to get started?
All you need to do is click REGISTER. This will take you through the Blue Do registration steps which will give us a few more details (so we can support your efforts) and create a fundraising page for your Blue Jar. You don't have to use the fundraising page but it makes it easy to spread the word about your efforts among your friends and networks. You can personalise it, post updates on your progress and your supporters can also make donations.
How it works
It's easy. Just set up the jar, or jars and every time someone swears, they have to drop a coin in.
The rest is up to you.
- The jar can be an actual glass jar, a beer jug or any suitable receptacle.
- Decide on a value. It could be the same for everyone, or higher value for management, or for certain words.
- No coins! No problem, use tokens, or whatever works for you.
- Track your fundraising efforts with a tracker poster, or star chart.
- At the end of the month (or whatever period you've chosen) collect up the coins or calculate the value (if using tokens).
- Donate the full amount directly to your fundraising page, or bank it offline via EFT / Bank Deposit.
We've created a few downloadable tools (below) to help you along the way, to track your fundraising and promote your efforts with friends, networks and work colleagues. You might even like to challenge them to register their own Blue 'Swear' Jar.
Swear Jar Tracker Poster A3
Helps you track your 'Blue Jar' fundraising progress. Print A3 or A4.Download
Swear Jar email banner
Pop this banner into your EDMs or use it as an email signature to let people know about your efforts - garner additional donations or get th...Download